IP and Trademarks
When it comes to the acquisition, commercialization and safeguarding of rights related to trademarks and brands, our Intellectual Property attorneys guide you through the entire process. Our advice is proactive and strategic from the early phases of trademark development, ultimately helping you avoid future enforcement issues and costly disputes surrounding your intellectual property assets, designs, copyright, and trade secrets.
We start by arming you with the knowledge required to selecting marks that can be immediately protected and registered. Likewise, our lawyers will advise on strategies should you prefer to use a descriptive term or mark, putting you in the best possible position should it be challenged.
Our IP and Trademark services include:
• Trademark and brand counselling
• Trademark portfolio management
• Preparation, filing and prosecution of trademark applications in Canada
• Availability and registrability searches in Canada
• Trademark validity and infringement opinions
• Assisting in opposition and cancellation proceedings
• Trademark litigation